Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

   On 15 March 2011 14:39, Kai-Martin Knaak <[1]knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     My current project happens to be a use case for lines with paste:
     I need to transport lots of current on limited space. And it needs
     to be very resistant to vibration (this is supposed to survive a
     rocket launch) So ordinary green wires soldered are considered
     a risk of failure. What we intend to do, is solder copper wires
     full length on the board. This calls for tracks with exposed
     copper and corresponding apertures in paste layer. Paste will
     allow for better control of the amount of solder than with a
     simple syringe dispenser.
     Currently tracks cannot be uncovered, let alone induce paste
     apertures.
     As a work-around I plan to convert the current path into pads just
     before
     the layout is exported to gerber. (Maybe, I should write a
     script...)
     This is of course a kludge.

   Agreed - I'd love to see paste being a possible property of layers,
   though obviously only the top and bottom layers (does it make any sense
   to haver "inner" paste?)