Re: gEDA-user: Multi-Select with SHIFT, CTRL...

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 19:47 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > > Don't forget about select-region, select-touching,
> > > select-touching-line, etc.
> >
> > I guess that is not too common in schematics?
>
> select-region is *very* common.

Of course I will support selection with a rectangular bounding box. Does
your "select-region" mean an arbitrary shaped area?

> select-touching-line would be really handy to select a group of angled
> lines, without selecting the non-angled lines they're connected to.
> Basically, you draw a line with the select tool, and anything that
> line touches is selected.

Sure, this is a MODE we can implement -- currently I consider the most
common actions, which should be accessible very easy, in best case only
with the mouse, or with mouse and a modifier key. My goal is to prevent
many mode switches.