Re: gEDA-user: Problems with a TDSON8 footprint

   Ok, I'll try it.

   On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Stephan Boettcher
   <[1]boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Rob Butts <[2]r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
   > I am using an Infineon power mosfet in a voltage converter.  I'm
   attaching
   > the datasheet.  Pins 5 thru 8 get tied together and the actual
   footprint has
   > a big pad that ties them together.  I'm attaching the footprint that
   I made
   > also.  I'm having trouble with PCB making the big pad orange when I
   optimize
   > rats.  The big pad lays across each pad for each pin.

     Your symbol has 5 or 8 pins?  The one big pad has what pin number?
     I'd do a footprint/symbol with 8 pins, connect them on the
     schematic,
     and draw poly across the connected pins on the layout.  I don't know
     if
     the poly clearance can be reduced to zero, of if you need to draw
     thermals to the poly, or a fat line, depending what you need.

   > How can I do this?  Suggestions?  Or, since only the big pad that
   lays
   > across the pads for each pin turns orange, should I just ignore this?
   >
   > Thanks

     Stephan Böttcher                     FAX: [5]+49-431-85660
     Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: [6]+49-431-880-2508
     I.f.Exp.u.Angew.Physik
     mailto:[7]boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Leibnizstr. 11, 24118 Kiel, Germany