Re: gEDA-user: US Distributor for Balloon Board

Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Folks,
> I'm looking for a US distributor for a Balloon Board
> (http://www.balloonboard.org/) or it's equivalent -- perhaps one of
> you may have designed and sell your own equivalent.  Basically, I'm
> looking for a standalone board with a processor (with it's associated
> flash & SDRAM) and an FPGA.  I'm not terribly picky about the FPGA --
> any reasonable Xilinx or Altera device should suffice.
>
> Does anybody on this list have any recommendations?

What do you want to do?

I am designing a lot of boards with an LPC2141 ARM7, Altera 3c25, USB
client, RS232, SPI, uSD.  No ram, no Linux, just the builtin flash and
RAM of the ARM and FPGA, and 1MByte SPI flash. The frontend is fitted
with a variable number of ADCs of various types.

It is optimized for precision analog measurements.  The FPGA and the ARM
live on differnt ground planes, with LVDS-IO between, to isolate the
noisy digital world (computer) from the frontend.  This board is
sandwiched between a power regulator board and a preamplifier board.
The inputs to the preamps are usially quoted in pA or fC, that is just a
few electrons.

I don't think this is what you asked for, but, if that comes close to
what you need, and are ready to do your board yourself, I will share my
design to work from.  Most work is in the software/firmware.

> I would prefer to buy from a gEDA supporter, and it will be
> logistically easier if I can purchase from someplace in the US.

I cannot help with that.

> Thanks for any pointers.
>
> --wpd

Stephan BÃttcher                     FAX: +49-431-85660
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508
I.f.Exp.u.Angew.Physik               mailto:boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leibnizstr. 11, 24118 Kiel, Germany