Re: gEDA-user: US Distributor for Balloon Board

On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 20:50 -0400, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I'm looking for a US distributor for a Balloon Board
> (http://www.balloonboard.org/) or it's equivalent -- perhaps one of
> you may have designed and sell your own equivalent.  Basically, I'm
> looking for a standalone board with a processor (with it's associated
> flash & SDRAM) and an FPGA.  I'm not terribly picky about the FPGA --
> any reasonable Xilinx or Altera device should suffice.
>
> Does anybody on this list have any recommendations?
>
> I would prefer to buy from a gEDA supporter, and it will be
> logistically easier if I can purchase from someplace in the US.

FWIW, the people behind Balloon (whilst using Altium for the core
design), are very supportive of gEDA and the idea that designs around
the Balloon platform should use open EDA tools where possible.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,