Re: gEDA-user: PCB question

Mike Jarabek wrote:

> The m4 interface in PCB is not too bad, once you get used to it.  I try to do
> calculations in scaled units, i.e. 1 mill = 100 `units', then divide by 100 on
> the way out.  We calculated the accumulated error on a reasonable size device
> using this approach and the numbers come out under the tolerances for the
> board manufacturing process.

Thanks to Mike and Patrick for the tips.

I hacked my qfp.inc and added a QFP_M package, using the *100, /100.I
used a variable for the pin spacing, in case I have to do it again ...
The real length for the side row of 52 pins is 1.003937 inch and my part
is 1.004.

Now I just have to route it ...

> Add lines such as:
>
>   Shift<Key>t:        SetValue(Grid, -1) \n\
>   <Key>t:          SetValue(Grid, +1) \n\

done !

Thanks again,

Chris.