Re: gEDA-user: PCB question

Hi,

Mike Jarabek writes:
 > [...]
 > The m4 interface in PCB is not too bad, once you get used to it.

Certainly but I am not (yet?). And it gave me the opportunity to learn
about goops a little :)

Is there a way to create this particular footprint (QFP64 with 0.5mm
pin spacing) with an 'out-of-the-box' pcb with the provided M4 macros?

 > [...]
 > You can decrease it to 1 mil by adding a new hotkey definition to the system
 > app defaults file. ( /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Pcb )
 >
 > Add lines such as:
 >
 >   Shift<Key>t:        SetValue(Grid, -1) \n\
 >   <Key>t:          SetValue(Grid, +1) \n\
 >
 > to the pcb.masterForm*output.baseTranslations X property.  Now pressing the
 > `t' or shift-`t' keys will adjust grid spacing by 1 mil at a time.

That is great. I put it in the .Xresources of the user instead of the
main config file.

Thank you very much for your tips.

Patrick