Re: gEDA-user: What is the standard of gEDA tools and PCB

> I'd like to see another primitive trace type "arc" added to pcb for
> other than silkscreen use,

What's wrong with the arc it already has?

> but the code looks uneditable....  As a stop-gap measure, such
> outside tool generated curves could be a bunch of short segments in
> pcb

That's what I figured it would have to be.

> -- basically uneditable, yes, but if your tool also created a cell
> to place it in, at least it would be easy to delete and redo...  I'm
> not sure if pcb as-is will use a "package placement" as a conductor
> though...

You mean, make it an element?  That would be cool, but pcb might have
problems with such traces on inner layers.  Also, I don't think pcb
supports copper in elements, just pads, pins, and silkscreen.  IIRC I
tried to add copper to an RS232 connector pattern once, but had to
resort to pad/pin tricks.