Re: gEDA-user: What is the standard of gEDA tools and PCB

I'd like to see another primitive trace type "arc" added to pcb for
other than silkscreen use, but the code looks uneditable....  As a
stop-gap measure, such outside tool generated curves could be a bunch of
short segments in pcb -- basically uneditable, yes, but if your tool
also created a cell to place it in, at least it would be easy to delete
and redo...  I'm not sure if pcb as-is will use a "package placement" as
a conductor though...

I like XML-SVG as a basic building block of a layout tool, since it
contains all the structure needed to edit curvy lines of varying
thickness and mouse click events are built in and you don't have to code
the viewer from scratch, just use a SVG browser or plugin for the layout
view window.

John Griessen