Re: gEDA-user: What is the standard of gEDA tools and PCB

On Sat, 17 May 2003 21:03:33 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > Besides, PCB GUI seems written in Xt (correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> PCB uses Xt, with the Athena widgets.  Me, I prefer Motif-style
> widgets, but in PCBs case, the problem isn't the widgets, its how the
> program interacts with them.  It doesn't follow any standard for
> keyboard and mouse interaction, so it feels "strange" to anyone who
> uses a wide range of X programs.

I'd just like to comment here that I've been using PCB since 1.6 and once I got used to the
interface I soon loved it. Once I was a fan of Orcad and Pads, now it's Gschem and PCB.

For me, PCB on Gnu/LinuX is printed circuit board design heaven.

--
Kind Regards
Terry