Re: gEDA-user: GAF component creation question

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 06:59, Terry Porter wrote:
> Hi Ales,
>
> Regarding component creation, is there any standard for symbols designed with function foremost
> as opposed to package layout ?

There are IEEE, JEDEC and GENCAM specs ...  I have not really read them
directly ever.   The IEEE symbols are the mostly rectangular blocks with
some wider places and a |> at the edge representing a clock input.

Magnus, would you please recommend parts of the specs to read?  I want
to actually read some of them and separate out what applies to circuit
boards, FPGAs, packaged chips, connection methods.  I will edit a
condensed "primer" from them for who else is interested.   Any other
"specification read and reduce" editor volunteers?

John Griessen