Re: gEDA-user: geda vs. SPARC

Hi!

I've had a similar problem to this. It seems to stem from a pathing issue with the GDK/GTK packages.

Try creating a symlink from /usr/local/include/gtk-1.2/gdk and from /usr/local/include/gtk-1.2/gtk to /usr/include/gdk and /usr/include/gtk

That fixed the problem in my case. Actually, a lot of configure/compile problems under Solaris can be traced back to paths. Depending on the source of the package you install, you can get the headers in /usr/include, /usr/local/include, /opt/sfw/include, and a bunch of other places. If your paths aren't set up to include all these directories, configure scripts might not find the required header files. Additionally, you might want to export a variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/include:/usr/local/include:/opt/sfw/include so that the linker will find all the libraries it wants.

Compiling Geda on Solaris can be a nightmare, especially when you're trying to find all the package dependencies. Linux systems take a lot of packages for granted, and they may not be present on Solaris systems.
This said, I've been able to compile most of the applications under Solaris, including tclspice, pcb, and the waveform viewers, and I have to say that the geda-docs package was a big pain in the butt to get to work.
Maybe we Solaris folk should get together and write a little howto, including required packages, libraries, path issues, etc.
Albert

Levente KOVACS wrote:

Hi,

Here I send the output of make. It turned out, that it has some problem
with gtk/gdk. I wonder how can. I have succesfully compiled gerbv, wich
is a gtk+ application. And, I have compiled programs writen by myself on
Linux, without any modifications.

Hope this will helps.

Thanx.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.