Re: gEDA-user: gwave cannot find libguilegtk-1.2.so.0 ?

I have never had exactly this problem, although I *have* had lots of
problems with loading .so's in the past.  Here are some suggestions:

*  Try putting a link to /usr/local/lib into your /etc/ld.so.conf file.

*  Try adding /usr/local/lib to your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

*  If you are running RedHat or a similar dist, a common problem is
that most .so's are placed in /usr/lib, whereas straight GNU software
(like guile) expects them to live in /usr/local/lib.  You can
sometimes fool the loader by placing a symlink to your file from
/usr/local/lib into /usr/lib.

*  Try "ldd `which gwave`".  This will tell you where it is looking
for the .so's.  Knowing where the loader is finding your .so's
might give you a tip about how your configuration is messed up.

Good luck!

Stuart