Re: gEDA-user: gschem installation

>I would like to use gschem.
>After installing rpm, I have some errors and I dont know what to do :
>
>when doing 'gschem'
>I have :
>ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
>ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

	Do you have ice-9/boot-9.scm on your system?

	You can find it via:

locate boot-9.scm

	Do you have guile 1.4.x or guile 1.6.x installed on your system?

	You can find this out via:

which guile
guile		type: (quit) to exit guile

	What version of Linux are you running?  RedHat, Suse, ...
I have seen that if you do not have a matching rpm for the varient of Red Hat
you are running, you may run into problems.  Where did you get your rpms
from?

>when doing 'gedasetup'
>I have an error message "cannot find a configuration file 'setup.cfg'"
>and there is not such a file.

	gedasetup is only useful for installing the gEDA suite from source
and is not necessary to run if you are installing from rpms.

								-Ales