-- Cut here --
From: Darryl Dieckman <ddieckman@cliftonlabs.com>

I have written a Perl script that converts a .raw file to
a .vcd file.  I plan on releasing it in the next week or
two after getting it cleaned up enough for public
consumption and improvement.

As for the vcd2vhdl my first thoughts were that all
I need is exactly what you describe.  Some signal
assignments with delay statements.  I don't need to
synthesize the VHDL that it generates, because I
already have the "synthesized" design running in
SPICE (which is where I got the .vcd file from).
If I can't find a vcd2vhdl tool I'll whip up a basic one.

My real goal is to be able to reuse my digital test benches
because large portions of the VLSI layout are done
by hand.

Thanks for the mixed signal design pointers.  I
look forward to being able to do mixed signal
simulation sometime soon.  Right now it seems that
I am close to closing the loop on verifying the
digital side of a design.  Until I find a good
mixed signal tool set I will verify the analog
portions the "old-fashioned" way.

Thanks

Darryl Dieckman
Senior Engineer