Re: gEDA-user: printing

On Fri, 14 May 2004 01:14:09 -0700
David Koski <david@kosmosisland.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was able to print my last board in actual size for checking component size. I
> was also able to print a large size with transparent layers using gimp. All
> prints were excelent quality and high resolution. But I forgot how I did it! Was
> it eps? In any case the eps output has changed from a couple of months ago. Gimp
> will not even open current eps output. The ps files lack resolution and I can't
> enlarge them.
>
> How to print actual size and expanded size?

Okay, I figured part of this out. With a previous version of pcb I printed the
eps files like this: "lpr myfile.pcb.output_front.ps". With the current version
of pcb, I only get the postscript text (many pages) printed. But I can just
print the ps file now.  That gives me a one to one. But, alas, I still haven't
been able to enlarge it with gimp without loosing quality. The print output of
pcb has changed from the previous version I was using. Currently, gimp chokes on
the eps output of pcb.

Regards,
David Koski
david.nospham@KosmosIsland.com