Re: gEDA-user: printing

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:19:25 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > Currently, gimp chokes on the eps output of pcb.
>
> I just tried this with RHL 9 and the CVS version of gimp.  I printed
> to postscript, and loaded the PS files directly into gimp.  I did have
> to increase the resolution (100 dpi default resulted in jaggies, I
> chose 1000 to get mil resolution) and it loaded just fine.  What
> versions of pcb, gimp, and gs (ghostscript) do you have?

pcb 1.99p (recent cvs)
gimp-1.2.3-374
ghostscript-fonts-other-7.05.6-28
ghostscript-fonts-std-7.05.6-28
ghostscript-library-7.05.6-28
ghostscript-x11-7.05.6-28

Increasing the resolution when importing to gimp moves it off page to the right.
I can tell by gradualy increasing it. At 300 it is gone. However, when I run
the ps file through ps2epsi first, it produces results as you describe--like I
had before. But then I have to run ps2epsi, which might be okay if I can write a
gimp script to make and merge the files as transparent layers of the right size.
I haven't looked at gimp scripting seriously yet.

Thanks,
David Koski
david.nospham@KosmosIsland.com
!.nospham