Re: gEDA-user: printing

On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:00:32 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > Increasing the resolution when importing to gimp moves it off page to the right.
>
> As you increase the resolution, you have to increase the pixel sizes
> by the same amount.  In my case, I added a "0" to the end of each of
> the three numbers.  Sadly, there's no option to pass the board size to
> gimp, so it can infer the pixel size.

Ok, that works--kinda.  It produces a tiny image in the middle of a large white
space (just like 100 dpi) but now the disk swapping and gimp overhead is *huge*.
The layout is less than two sqare inches. I don't need letter size. However,
ps2epsi solves that problem, leaving only the layout without unnecessary white
space arround it. Hmm.. I thought eps was suppose to solve this. But it appears
to be broken. The old eps files had a lot of header data not present in the new.
For example:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%Title: (unknown), layergroup #2
%%Creator: pcb-bin 1.99p
%%CreationDate: Thu Mar  4 11:46:50 2004
%%For: dkoski (David Koski)
%%LanguageLevel: 1
%%Orientation: Portrait
%%BoundingBox: -1 -1 179 166
%%Pages: 0
%%EndComments
%%BeginProlog

/PcbDict 200 dict def
PcbDict begin
PcbDict /DictMatrix matrix put

% some constants
/Black {0.0 mysetgray} def
/White {1.0 mysetgray} def
/TAN {0.207106781} def
/MTAN {-0.207106781} def

Trying to load a newer eps file with gimp produces the following error:

ESP Ghostscript 7.05.6: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Thanks,
David Koski
david.nospham@KosmosIsland.com
!.nospham