Re: gEDA-user: SPICE/gEDA going to the LDP . . .

From: sdb@cloud9.net (Stuart Brorson)
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: SPICE/gEDA going to the LDP . . .
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:09:41 -0400 (EDT)

Stuart,

I agree that we need a "done job" attitude to many things. Hackers tend to be
more into adding cool features than to stream-line tools for actual work.
That doesn't really help to make the tools becoming mainstream. In an EDA
concept I think the lack of tool chain / work flow view of a complete job is
really mandatory in order to adapt each tool to fit in. Let's see what we can
do to even out the bumps. The gschem->spice-simulation bumps is annoying, hey
the way I get my models and hang them in is a big bump. I would like to have
a big lump of spice models packetized so they just go in when I install gnucap.

> Moving forward, I should probably include a blurb about Gnucap in the
> HOWTO.  Are you willing to write one or two pages describing how to
> install and run Gnucap?  I'd of course stick you in as a contributor.
>
> Alternatively, I will investigate Gnucap myself & write the blurb.
> This might take a long time -- e.g. months -- because time is
> currently constrained.  But it is now on the "to do" list.

Don't waste the time. Install gnucap, look at the manual. I think you will find
that it's not that different of an anmial for you not to be able to use it
fairly quickly. The gschem->GnuCAP link should be working well in the best of
the worlds.

Cheers,
Magnus