Re: gEDA-user: How do you create soldermask?

From: Bob Paddock <bpaddock@csonline.net>
Subject: gEDA-user: How do you create soldermask?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 07:59:34 -0400

> Anyone have a soldermask "How To"?
>
> I do not understand the process for making a correct soldermask.
>
> If I fire up PCB and place a 0805 part from the ~gEDA library of foot prints,
> then turn on "Show soldermask", the entire board turns red.
>
> Do I have to do something to every 0805 I place?

Rather, each 0805 pad should have a solder mask defined and "punched out" from
the mask template or else you won't get any solder paste on the pads. This is
an aspect of the "footprint" which needs to be defined just as silk-screen etc.

The question then boils downto if the 0805 footprint is correctly defined, if
there is a correct way to define it.

BTW. All the footprints out of IPC SM 782 is in mm.

Cheers,
Magnus