Re: gEDA-user: How do you create soldermask?

On May 23, 2004, at 12:47 PM, David Koski wrote:
The last time I had a board done the fab shop required at least a 3 mil "solder
mask relief". The above definition has no solder mask relief as the mask is the
same size as the pad. I started developing scripts to change the relief to 3 mil
on all elements but haven't completed it yet. Maybe there is a better way.
I've not worked with many commercial fab shops, so my comments may be a bit simplistic. But since different shops have different capabilities and requirements, it might be useful to have some sort of a "design rule dialog box" into which one would enter things like the minimum line width, clearance, allowable drill sizes...and solder mask relief, which could then be applied on-the-fly to elements with a bit of coding. And perhaps a text box into which one would enter the name of the fab house those rules are for, then all of that could be stored in the layout file.

Thoughts?

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "PC users only know two 'solutions'...
Cape Coral, FL reboot and upgrade." -Jonathan Patschke