Re: gEDA-user: Snap-to-pins, was: Stupid newbie question

Hi Chad,

[snip]

>Wow, that's JUST what I was looking for to optimize the search routine. The
>only complexity is what you'd have with any tile-based system - if you're near
>the edge of a tile sometimes you have to search two (or four if near a
>corner). Not a big deal.

	Yeah, that's a good optimization.  Look only in other tiles if you
are near the edge of one (within your search distance).

>How big are the tiles? I'm only searching within a certain number of pixels of

	The tiles are actually pretty big.  Lemme see, each tile is
12000 by 9000 world space units.  (default world space is 120000 by 90000;
divided by 10 each gives the tile size).

[snip]
>Also, do you mind me adding a function to the o_net namespace? I'm

	Not in the slightest.  Add whatever functions you need.

								-Ales