gEDA-user: Problem with library on http://www.luciani.org/

Hello,

I am a new gEDA-User. After having a lot of trouble with the old m4-Elements
(pins inversed at polarised capacitors and diodes), I decided to try out the
elements proposed on luciani.org. Unfortunately, the zipped file containing
all elements seems to be broken. It doesn't unzip with neither gzip -d nor
gunzip:

bernhard@Cycnus:~/Ablage$ gunzip pcb-symbols-jcl.gz

gunzip: pcb-symbols-jcl.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error

gunzip: pcb-symbols-jcl.gz: invalid compressed data--length error

I downloaded the file two times, so it shouldn't be a problem due to download
errors.

If it would work, where should I copy the files to? And how would I proceed?

By the way, the site http://www.gedasymbols.org/footprints.html doesn't open:
"The requested URL /footprints.html was not found on this server."

Best,

 Bernhard