Re: gEDA-user: Problems with gnetlist -g verilog for vectorsignals?

Its pretty common to burst busses for both asic and fpga pinouts.
Tools I have used for that dislike busses.

If your very top level has to use a burst bus, where is the best place
in the design representation to do it?

regards, John

Mike Jarabek wrote:

I am a bit confused by your statement about doing everything twice. Doesn't the synthesiser you are using take care of most of that anyhow?

Can you post an example of how you might like vectored ports to be handled? Perhaps we can arrive at something that will work. What would be your ideal behaviour? Any ideas about how to handle errors?

Mike