Re: gEDA-user: furnace controller II: I/O driver

Just scratching the surface here, but, there doesn't appear to be a bias path
for your BJT's in this ckt.  The mosfets depend on leakage (in the bjt and in
their gates) to turn off.  The gate drive BJT's, being single ended, can't
pull the gates to "off" actively.  The circuit depends on leakage to do it.
It's an analog to a software race condition, will both devices turn off at the
same time?  Chances are it'll work okay, and chances are, the little mos
devices will tolerate some shorting of the rails if that's the way the
switching speeds align.  However.

Given that you have a noisy environment.  What's the driving impedance when
the mos devices are tristated?  ... it's real high, meaning that weird noise
on the board, in the air, or in the ground path can cause those un-driven
gates to start to turn-on, which is a bummer.  It would seem that something
needs to pull those gates to source when not driven.

Have you fired up a demo of this ckt?

phil