Re: gEDA-user: gschem hangs on a symbol

Hi John and all,

On Saturday 13 May 2006 16:41, Werner Hoch wrote:
> On Saturday 13 May 2006 16:26, John Coppens wrote:
[...]

> > The symbol isn't even large - just a simple PIC processor... I also
> > converted the symbol using gsymupdate. I checked the symbol's file,
> > and I cannot see anything strange. What's more, it appears in the
> > symbol preview correctly!
> >
> > There's no crash, so no backtrace... Whan can I do?
>
> Can you attach your symbol?

[...]
got the symbol via privat mail.

The problem is that inside your symbol is a reference to the symbol
itself.
I think this leeds to a bad recursion of gschem.

---- Last lines of the symbol:
T 200 200 5 10 0 1 0 0 1
device=PIC16C73B
T 500 7400 9 12 1 0 0 0 1
PIC16C73B
B 500 250 3000 7050 3 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
C 14400 26200 1 0 0 pic16c73-1.sym
C 9600 33100 1 0 0 pic16c73-1.sym

Remove the last two lines from the symbol file and it should work.

Regards
Werner
PS: anyone out there who wants to write a recursion loop detector next
week? ;-)