Re: gEDA-user: PCB Changed Gerber names

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 07:45:27AM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > You have changed the gerber names 8-|
>
> We might do it again, so don't react too quickly.  For example,
> the drill files are still called "*.gbr" instead of "*.cnc".
>
> > Then do the same for the postscript filenames which I guess will be also
> > changed,
>
> There is only one postscript file now, suitable for converting to a
> multi-page PDF.

Is there a way how to get the singlepage postscripts from this? I need
single page postscripts for the toolchain.

> > and change all the makefiles that generate online pictures from
> > the postscript files,
>
> PCB can generate the pictures for you with the new PNG exporter.

Is sampling in the pictures performed correctly? I. e. frequency
aliasing prevented during the process? If this is not done, the images
are unintelligible.

> > plus somehow tell people that they cannot use the old version of PCB
> > for development.
>
> Why not?  Just keep the old pcb docs around too.

I don't like this idea. It smells like a lot of work on artificially
created problems. The goal of Ronja project is to solve real problems
and not artificial.

At this time it looks like the output is unusable anyway because the
drill file has ridiculously incorrect sizes - so big that the holes
actually overlap! Or at least this is what gerbv displays. So I will
probably wait until the HID version becomes usable and I learn how to
run it from commandline to get gerber, ps and possibly png output, and
then change the whole toolchain for the new version.

CL<