Re: gEDA-user: Tragesym ROCKS

Hi Dave,

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 05:42, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On May 16, 2006, at 11:39 PM, David Carr wrote:
> > At first I thought you were joking but then I did a google
> > search...
>
>    Hmm, sorry, I should've included the URL.
>
> > djboxsym does look pretty neat.  I might have to try it out soon.
>
>    Yes.  I was *almost* set up to use Tragesym (it took quite a
> while...ever try to get gnumeric built on anything other than Linux
> on a PeeCee?), then DJ released djboxsym and I was generating symbols
> literally in minutes.  I believe it is the single largest usability
> enhancement to come along for gschem in a very long time.

Using gnumeric is just an easier way to edit table-like data. Every
other spread sheet program can be used too. I usually just use a text
editor.

For large symbols with more than 64 pins a spread sheet program may be
faster, especially if you can copy some of the labels out of a
datasheet.

For those who use OOo I've created a template too. (needs a small change
of tragesym which is in cvs now.)

Regarding gnumeric in the docs: I'll update it soon. I promise ;-).

Regards
Werner