Re: gEDA-user: Preprint of a paper on a gEDA project

On May 19, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Stuart Brorson wrote:

John --

I downloaded the paper and took a look.  It's great work, and I'm glad
that you were able to do so much with gEDA!   This paper has made my
day!

I also appreciate the mention in the acknowledgments!  But perhaps
you should thank the gEDA developers *afer* your chip comes back and
is tested and proven to work . . . .   :-)

The usual disclaimer on acknowledgments applies: credit where credit is due, responsibility for errors is mine as first author. I think we'll wind up doing the final layout verification sims both with ngspice and Tanner (Ikeda-sensei and the Osaka folks have that) just to be sure. I've used several SPICE flavors, and I've never seen one that didn't have a bug somewhere.

Do you mind if I post a link to your paper on sci.electronics.cad the next time there is a gEDA flame fest over there? I think it would buttress the claim that one can do serious work with gEDA.

Please do. It's there to be read.

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx