Re: gEDA-user: not quite hierarchical netlist

On May 19, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Wolfgang Buesser wrote:

Hi everybody,

probaly this is a stupid question, but I am having difficulties
generating a hierachical spice netlist:

SPICE netlisting doesn't work right with source= hierarchy, but you can still do hierarchy the SPICE way.

Don't use the source= attribute in your symbols. Use file= instead. Use gnetlist -g spice-sdb to make a separate netlist for each subcircuit. Be sure to use the subcircuit label and subcircuit I/O symbols from the spice component library in your schematics. With the -I option, spice-sdb will let SPICE handle subcircuit inclusion with .INCLUDE (that's the way I do it), otherwise it'll include referenced subcircuits itself.

Be sure to follow the instructions at http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/ SPICE/intro.html

The path's a bit narrow, but it goes where you want, I think (see my earlier post today).

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx