Re: gEDA-user: Re: Installing in Debain. Nothing (at all) works

On Fri, 4 May 2007, somethin2cool@yahoo.com wrote:
Stuart, what was the point in that response? Everything you asked was alredy covered

I'm terribly sorry, but I don't maintain state between e-mails.

1) Launched from the tools menu in the gEDA project manager

There is no gEDA project manager.  The old project manager, "geda" has
been deprecated long ago, and is now not included in the distro.  This
has been the case for at least a year.  It make me wonder what version
of the stuff you are loading.

2) Aptitude is a way of installing programs (on Debian based OS)
3) The latest stable from the website (the gEDA website)

Again, which one?  Did you install the RPMs?  Or the CD (OK, you said
the CD).  And as for Debian, there are a bazillion different revisions
which you can get from teh Debain site:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=geda&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

Which one did "aptitude" install?

4) It didn't say anything, it just ran, otherwise I would have said "I get this error: xxx"

What is "it"????  The "geda" project manager launched from the tools
menu?  If so, the reason you can't run is because you are using an
obsolete program.

5) No, if I started the individual aps from the command line I wouldn't be asking what commands were needed to do that.

Schematic capture -> gschem
netlisting -> gnetlist
forward annotate to layout -> gsch2pcb
PCB layout -> pcb

To clarify, can someone please tell me the commands to start the individual aps of the gEDA suite so I can find out what the errors are (which I also said in the original post)

See above.

Also, please take a look at all the info on our wiki:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/

Pay particular attention to the "usage" stuff:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:usage

Browse around the rest of the wiki to see if any of your other
questions are answered.

HTH,

Stuart