gEDA-user: Re: Installing in Debain. Nothing (at all) works

Stuart Brorson wrote:

Again, which one?  Did you install the RPMs?  Or the CD (OK, you said
the CD).  And as for Debian, there are a bazillion different revisions
which you can get from teh Debain site:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=geda&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

No RPMs. I just type "aptitude install geda" and Debian does everything. The version installed would be that in the stable repository for Etch. I don't know which that is until I get back to my machine.

I've also installed from the CD (current stable).

Schematic capture -> gschem
netlisting -> gnetlist
forward annotate to layout -> gsch2pcb
PCB layout -> pcb

Excellent, thanks very much.

I'll find out as much as I can now and see what's up