Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Install Log

Thanks for the report.  Here are the two failures I found:

Ngspice:
   /home/ed/gEDA/geda-sources/ngspice/ng-spice-rework-17
./configure --prefix=/home/ed/gEDA/geda-install --enable-xspice
--with-readline=yes

[.... snip!  ....]

checking for main in -lXaw... no
configure: error: Couldn't find Xaw library
This one is very strange!  AFAIK, the Xaw library is a base library
used for X windows.  Why is this missing from Debian?   I don't know
what to tell you......

Icarus Verilog:
[....  snip!  .....]
make install
for dir in vvp vpi tgt-stub tgt-null tgt-vvp libveriuser cadpli; do (cd
$dir ; make all); done
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/ed/gEDA/geda-sources/icarus/verilog-20061210/vvp'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/ed/gEDA/geda-sources/icarus/verilog-20061210/vvp'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/ed/gEDA/geda-sources/icarus/verilog-20061210/vpi'
gcc -DHAVE_CVS_IDENT=1 -I. -I./.. -I. -I.. -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -MD -c sys_lxt.c
-o sys_lxt.o
In file included from sys_lxt.c:24:
lxt_write.h:33:19: bzlib.h: No such file or directory
sys_lxt.c: In function `install_dumpvars_callback':
sys_lxt.c:296: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg
3)
make[1]: *** [sys_lxt.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/ed/gEDA/geda-sources/icarus/verilog-20061210/vpi'
You system is lacking the bzlib (a library used for compression).  I
suggest Googling around to see if you can find it and install it.

I don't know if the error in sys_lxt is caused by the missing bzlib or
somethign else.

Maybe I need to put a dependency check into the installer for bzlib?
I haven't seen this dependency missing before?  Did Debian remove this
lib?   Or did Steve put a new dependency into Icarus?

Stuart