Re: gEDA-user: Install Log

I checked my system and libxaw7 is installed. There is a package called libxaw7-dev that is not installed; could this be the problem?

Probably.  Please install it.

I don't know whether Debian removed bzlib recently or not but I can get it installed I think.

Great!

Once these dependency issues are solved, how should I go about reinstalling ngspice and icarus verilog? Can I simply rerun the installer and it will figure out which is already installed correctly?

You can re-run it.  Make sure you use the same settings (i.e. build
and install directories).  The installer isn't smart enough to know
that most stuff is already installed.   However, the installer just
manages "configure" and "make", and they are pretty smart, so you
should have no problem.

If you're really worried, you can nuke the directory you installed
into (something like /home/ed/gEDA) before you re-run the installer.

Stuart