Re: gEDA-user: round dots and square dots

I suggest also to remove fuse F1 (7805 has internal current limiting at obout 1.5A) and add a transistor (or transistors) to limit the output current. Fuse can blow slower than transistors.
The transistor should be PNP and connected:
Emiter to positive end of R4 (Input line),
Base through three 100om resistors to each emiter of Q1-Q3 (or use therr transistors, one for each Q1-Q3),
Collector to input of 7805.
Transistor should be capable to carry 2A of current at some 2-3V voltage drop.
Fuse can be placed at the input of regulator.
The one at the output significantly degrades regulation.

Wojciech Kazubski