Re: gEDA-user: Running gEDA On an AMD Athlon

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Rob Butts wrote:
> If this goes out to the same users I'm sorry, I posted the
> first e-mail to the wrong site.
>
> I want to download the gEDA Suite file and Linux distribution
> to install on my machine.  I have an HPA1630N with an AMD
> Athlon 64 X2 two core processor 4600.  Is there a Linux
> distribution that will run on this processor better than
> another?

Someone I used to work with had the ultimate answer to this kind
of question:

Use the one your friends are using.

From what I have seen, of today's popular ones, they are all
good.  The differences are small, and strictly personal
preference.

Considering what forum you asked it in ...  I will narrow that
down a little:  Pick a distribution that has the packages you
need.

I refuse to name any, but if you look at the headers you can
usually tell what people are using.