Re: gEDA-user: PCB drill file question

> Looks like Inch, 1.3, trailing zero is the default output from PCB??

We use a "%.3f" printf format.  So as long as your holes are less than
10 inches, yeah, it's 1.3TZ.  They did say they were getting rid of
that question, though, as they can usually figure it out from the
drill file itself.

> P.S. One note on BatchPCB -- the web site says "..communicate the board
> outline somehow..." -- in my experience it should really say "... put
> your board outline on top silk, because we don't look at other stuff for
> board outline..."

I think we'll need a checkbox for "outline on ..." options.  Some fabs
want outline on mask, some on silk, etc.

Or a real CAM engine, so we can just say "run the batchpcb cam".

> so just fire and forget, and practice your Zen calmness in the mean
> time.  Or work on another design while waiting for the first one.

I've got the three "getting started" boards in the queue, but batchpcb
can't do small enough traces for some of the prototypes I'm working
on, so I'm working on those here.

> This weekend at Maker Faire I had a chance to talk briefly with the
> CEO of SparkFun -- he said the PCB vendor in China doesn't really
> give them solid enough dates that it is worth passing them on.

There are plenty of other things that they could improve, like
documenting what the various status types mean, using "waiting for fab
return" for that unknown state, updating their offerrings (they don't
even mention 4-layer board support, and they allow smaller vias than
the web page says.