Re: gEDA-user: PCB drill file question

>>> The output from FreePCB includes comments to indicate all of the
>>> details of the drill tools.  Sometimes reloading this info into GC
>>> Preview confuses it and it reads the comments as drills.
>>
>> This is a totally OT question, but I wonder:  Have you tried looking
>> at the output of your FreePCB files using gerbv?
>>
> I only wish I could, but gerbv crashes on my machine.  Don't know if
> this will be getting fixed any time soon.

That's bad news!

Ummmm, the crash won't get fixed any time soon unless you report it to
the developers.  Can you please tell us:

Details about your machine (Linux? Windows? 32 or 64 bit?)

Which Linux distro or Windows version?

Which version of gerbv are you using?   (FWIW, the current version is
2.0.1, and I would not recommend using anything < 2.0.0.  Please
upgrade if you're still using a 1.X version.)

What did you do to make it crash?  (That is, does it crash on start
up, or do you have a certain Gerber which makes it crash?)

Any other relevant info?

Thanks,

Stuart
(Erstwhile gerbv developer)