Re: gEDA-user: PCB drill file question

Rick Collins wrote:
> At 02:19 PM 5/7/2008, you wrote:
>> Hi --
>>
>>> The output from FreePCB includes comments to indicate all of the
>>> details of the drill tools.  Sometimes reloading this info into GC
>>> Preview confuses it and it reads the comments as drills.
>> This is a totally OT question, but I wonder:  Have you tried looking
>> at the output of your FreePCB files using gerbv?
>>
>> It would be a good test of gerbv's ability to handle different
>> formats.
>

> I only wish I could, but gerbv crashes on my machine.  Don't know if
> this will be getting fixed any time soon.
>
> Rick

so just for kicks, I tried to debug this again on a vista pc.
Downloaded sources from cvs and there was no crash.  So I downloaded
2.0.1 sources and it does crash.   Ok, so then I went back to the win2k
computer where I was able to reproduce the crash.  I updated my source
tree there and now it doesn't crash.  I stuck an installer at
http://gerbv.sf.net/tmp/ that you can try out if you want.

I'd feel better if I knew what changed to make this bug not show up so
we knew it was actually fixed for real.  Still, there have been a number
of changes recently so maybe there was a lurking bug which was fixed.

-Dan