Re: gEDA-user: Removing default title box

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:36:26PM -0700, Dave N6NZ wrote:
> al davis wrote:
> > On Monday 12 May 2008, Farrukh Aslam wrote:
> >> This may sound strange but how do you remove the default
> >> title box in schematic? Adding a new one just overlaps the
> >> default one.
> >
> > I'm curious ...  Should the title box be there by default?
> >
> Yes.
>
> The defaults ought to be friendly to new users.

When I was a brand new user, the default frame seemed odd but didn't
bother me.  A little later, when I wanted to change it, it was a source
of frustration.  At that point, gEDA nearly lost me due to the lack of
documentation *or* clear GUI access to the necessary facility.  (Sure,
unlock was buried in one menu, but other than a genius guess, how would
I have known that was what was wanted?  IIRC I finally found it
mentioned somewhere - might have been buried in the wiki, might have
been elsewhere and Google found it.)

Frankly, I don't expect a default frame, and as a way to fix the zoomed
out to interstellar space bug it seems at best a kluge.

> "Changing defaults" should be a section of the FAQ for users that
> make it past the first afternoon of use.

That might be reasonable for changing the frame - you can, and perhaps
should, do some messing about before that matters.  I could wish it had
been so when I was tearing my hair out...

--
On televison everything that happpens is connected;
it's got to be.  In life, marvelously unconnected things