gEDA-user: More than one component found with name [foo.sym]

For a while, this error message "More than one component found with name
[foo.sym]" appears when I open a schematic that uses my custom gschem
symbols.  Now this problem seems to affect getting results from easyspice.
I'll ask that in another post.  Anyhow, does anyone know why this would
happen?

gEDA/gschem version 1.4.0.20080127
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Read system-gafrc file [/etc/gEDA/system-gafrc]
Read ~/.gEDA/gafrc file [/home/dave/.gEDA/gafrc]
Did not find optional local gafrc file
[/home/dave/Projects/geiger/powersupply/gafrc]
Read system-gschemrc file [/etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc]
Library name [local-symbols] already in use.  Using [local-symbols<1>].
Read ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file [/home/dave/.gEDA/gschemrc]
Did not find optional local gschemrc file
[/home/dave/Projects/geiger/powersupply/gschemrc]
Read init scm file [/usr/share/gEDA/scheme/gschem.scm]
Did not find specified gafrc file
[/home/dave/Projects/geiger/powersupply/gafrc]

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx