Re: gEDA-user: attach the net to the pin

Yes, indeed.  Make sure your pins are *on* the grid.  If you made your
own symbols, make sure you have the grid set to something reasonable,
like 10.   And use the same grid setting in symbol edit mode as well
as in normal edit mode.

If you are using symbols obtained from some third person (the gEDA
distro or from gedasymbols.org), then make extra sure their pins like
on the grid.

Stuart