Re: gEDA-user: Problem with spice model in both ngspice and gnucap

Thanks Al. I did notice the PSPICE recommendation, but since I haven't found many vendors providing models for ngspice or gnucap...

I have done the simple simulations using some the 741 and 324 models included in the gspicegui package, but now I want to check my design with something closer to the real part.

I wanted to stick with OSS tools, but I guess I could change to LTSpice.

...jerry

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:05 AM, al davis <ad151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 29 May 2008, JERRY DUNMIRE wrote:
> Any help or suggestions on how to get the model to work would
> be appreciated.

The answer is simple.

The model says:
* Recommendations:
*   Use PSPICE (other simulators may require translation)

So, the answer is that the model is written for PSPICE, and uses
features or syntax not supported by gnucap or ngspice.

One nice (?) thing about spice-format simulators is that they
are all different.

That model probably won't work for HSpice or Eldo either!

Most of the time, you don't need such elaborate models.  This is
just an op-amp.  How about using a voltage controlled voltage
source, at least for the first attempt?