Re: gEDA-user: gschem: what's this debug message mean?

> I see there are some basic incompatibilities between *nix and
> Windows.  Is there a way to resolve this?  Cntl-C is the CUI control
> for copy and I, for one, use it instinctively.  It would be a hard
> habit to break...

This is not really an incompatbility between Unix and Windows.  ^C in a
Windows command-line window works much the way it does in a Unix shell
window; the only real difference is that shell windows are ubiquitous
in Unix and command-line windows are comparatively rare in Windows.

The way to "resolve" it is actually quite simple: make sure your
keyboard focus is where you want it to be before you type.  ("Keyboard
focus" is X-speak for "where keystrokes go".  Most window managers
provide some kind of visual feedback to indicate which window has
focus; twm, for example, changes the title bars.)

As someone else already pointed out upthread, backgrounding gschem on
startup will also help suppress the symptom, because then a ^C in the
shell window won't kill it.  (It won't do what you probably want, but
that's almost always true of typing into a window other than the one
you think you are.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx