Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On Wednesday 29 April 2009, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> Looking at their website I wonder why they decided to
> partially reinvent the wheel and create this from scratch
> instead of making geda more friendly to casual users,
> newbies, artists, etc.

They just don't get it.

It's all about community, but apparently they don't understand
that.  They talk  about their own community, but don't seem to
realize that to succeed it must go beyond that.

Apparently, they see gEDA as a product to be consumed or to
compete against, not as a potential neighbor to share with.
They don't realize that when community projects work together,
the whole is much bigger than the sum of the parts.