Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

al davis wrote:
> On Friday 08 May 2009, Joerg wrote:
>>  We can bitch
>> and moan about MS but the fact remains that by not having a
>> ready-to-go Windows build gEDA alienates something like 99%
>> of potential users.
>
> Whether that is true or not ..  (99% of windows users are non-
> technical, so what is the percentage of our potential users?)

100% of hundreds of electronic design engineers that I know use Windows.
That's our potential users, plus the other millions that I don't know.

> The reason there is not a ready-to-go windows package is that
> nobody has stepped up to do it.  There is no other reason.  How
> about you, Joerg?

I am not a programmer at all, I'd really botch that job. Plus I cannot
become a gEDA user yet because gschem can't properly handle multi-slot
refdeses. And for the reason above I can't fix it. But that's another
story I don't want to start again because then Ales might fly off the
handle ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/