Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On Friday 08 May 2009, Joerg wrote:
> I know several fine electronics engineers who are not at all
> versed in fixing a PC, let alone install an OS.

I believe that.

> In fact, this
> is the majority of top notch engineers that I know.

That's a good one.  The majority of top notch engineers that I
know are flexible and can handle little things like installing
an OS, or learning another one.

An engineer who can't cope with something like changing an OS is
probably not top notch.  More likely "average".

In academia, most of these decisions are made by the "average"
not by the "top notch".

The top notch are not using gEDA for a different reason.  They
need advanced features we don't have.

To get back to the topic in the subject line ....  Fritzing is
not designed for top notch engineers.  It looks like it is
designed for the average beginner, or even below average, and
that's good.