Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

On May 8, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Joerg wrote:
> We can bitch
> and moan about MS but the fact remains that by not having a ready-
> to-go
> Windows build gEDA alienates something like 99% of potential users.

   This is nowhere near true anymore.  In fact, I'm not sure it ever
WAS true.  Every Windows machine that I personally know of spends 10%
of its time getting reinstalled and 90% of its time playing games.
Even in my relatively recent circle of completely nontechnical local
friends, almost none of them are running Windows anymore.

   Catering to the least common denominator will paint gEDA as a
least common denominator package.  Not to mention open the floodgates
to a slew of dumb questions from clueless Windows people.  Do you
really want to deal with that?

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire