gEDA-user: fritzing-like gEDA? gEDA-like Fritzing? Fritzing-interface-to-gEDA?

al davis wrote:

> Maybe this is one of the points of Fritzing, and user
> friendliness in general.  Those things on the screen are
> transistors and resistors.  Not symbols or files.  A schematic
> and layout are two different views of the same thing.  A netlist
> is yet another view of the same thing.
>
> To be truly both expert friendly and beginner friendly, we need
> to see that, and make it true.

Ah yes.  We can have easy views of our circuit with gEDA tools
separate and tweakable.  I think the place to define that
easy different view function is in a project manager app that is part of the gEDA suite.

So then the question is, what's the status of our manager app project and what language(s)
is it based on, and what's the easiest base language to make complex GUIs with, (lua?), and
is the project definition right?

To define the project well it needs the easy views:
verilog code block view/edit
graphic schematic view/edit
pcb netlist view/edit
verilog-ams structural netlist view/edit

And all of them update the rest as one is edited.

Doing the "easy views"  may not be an easy task.  :-)

Lateral thought:   Can the Fritzing central manager app call and run gEDA apps almost as is?

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX