Re: gEDA-user: fritzing-like gEDA? gEDA-like Fritzing? Fritzing-interface-to-gEDA?

On May 9, 2009, at 11:22 AM, John Griessen wrote:

> So then the question is, what's the status of our manager app
> project and what language(s)
> is it based on, and what's the easiest base language to make
> complex GUIs with, (lua?), and
> is the project definition right?

There are lots of GUI languages. But the critical thing is defining
the project. For that, there's only one candidate: "make". There's
nothing else that can deal with the declarations, rules, and
procedures needed to put together a project using heterogeneous tools.

Remember that gEDA is not a closed, integrated environment. Making it
such would drastically weaken it. Schematics and layouts represent
only part of the design.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx